Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Who was Jerry Samuels.

The name Jerry Samuels may not mean a lot to many people who read this blog, but his nom de plume Napoleon XIV was a big hit in 1966, when his novelty classic, "They’re Coming To Take Me Away," swept this country.





With unforgetable lyrics like these :


They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa,
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa.
To the happy home. With trees and flowers and chirping birds and basket weavers who sit and smile and twiddle their thumbs and toes and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!




Well, I was one of the sad people who bought the record when it first came out, Well someone had to buy it.

1 comment:

Mike Smith said...

I think the old songs are the best, I cannot stand these songs these days all that head banging music.